Astrology; What You Need to Know – with Adam Leonard
Astrology has been used for centuries to guide people better understand themselves and others via a greater understanding of each individual’s intricate interplay of personality traits. Please read on below!
Getting to Know the Stars
Many people are aware of the question, “What is your star sign?”. Most of us have a basic understanding of some of the traits associated with star signs due to magazine horoscope columns. However, horoscope columns often only deal with frivolous simplified understandings of star signs by only focusing on the ‘Sun’ sign, representing what an individual consciously aspires to be and therefore give to the world.
Although this will give a broad understanding of someone’s personality, it is only the tip of the iceberg. In other words, not every Libra is the same, after all. Using Libra as an example, they consciously aspire to be seen as those who cultivate peace, understanding, and cooperation through balanced, logical evaluation. For instance, if they have Moon in Aries, they may subconsciously desire conflict and challenge bonding with others and feeling emotionally alive.
Moreover, one possible outcome of this alignment could be an individual that tends to attract themselves to blunt, feisty, competitive people to enjoy the thrill of the fight. But also then be consciously driven to cultivate peace and cooperation due to not wanting to be seen as someone who upsets people and creates discord. Therefore this is only the interaction between someone’s Sun and Moon. However, there are many other personality traits and combinations that make up an individual’s personality.
Star Signs and Their Approach to Life
There are many planets, asteroids, and celestial bodies representing different aspects of one’s personality, and each one can have another star sign associated with it. Accordingly, giving it a uniquely different expression and allowing for a myriad of possible combinations. Below is a brief, fundamental breakdown of the star signs and the inner and outer planets:
- Aries: driven, dynamic, and competitive.
- Taurus: grounded, practical, and indulgent.
- Gemini: social, witty, and adaptable.
- Cancer: protective, caring, sensitive.
- Leo: creative, expressive, playful.
- Virgo: organised, clean, and precise.
- Libra: diplomatic, calm, and cooperative.
- Scorpio: intense, determined, and resourceful.
- Sagittarius: adventurous, open-minded, and philosophical.
- Capricorn: pioneering, pragmatic, hard-working.
- Aquarius: logical, unconventional, and innovative.
- Pisces: compassionate, creative, and idealistic.
Personal Traits of the Inner Planets
- Sun: One’s conscious aspiration, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Moon: One’s subconscious approach to digesting emotions. Also, emotional needs and bonding style.
- Mercury: One’s intellectual, perceptive, and communicative preferences.
- Venus: How and what one loves and indulges in for pleasure.
- Mars: One’s physical energy, sexual drive, approach to challenge, and self-improvement.
Universal Truths of the Outer Planets
- Jupiter: How one believes society should discover, grow, and coexist.
- Saturn: How one believes we should evaluate effectiveness. Additionally, structure and control outcomes.
- Uranus: How one believes innovation and freedom of expression should be.
- Neptune: How one believes we should dissolve boundaries and heal as a society.
- Pluto: How we should eliminate the weak and evolve as a human race.
Planets in a Sign
In addition, you will likely read the description of your star sign and think that it does not truly reflect who you are. Likewise, you may even relate more to the other signs. This is very common and happens because you may have many planets in another sign. I am using myself as an example below. As you can see, there is a lot of variety!
- Sun in Libra.
- Moon in Aquarius.
- Mercury in Scorpio.
- Venus in Sagittarius.
- Mars in Leo.
- Jupiter in Libra.
- Saturn in Libra.
- Uranus in Scorpio.
- Neptune in Sagittarius.
- Pluto in Libra.
Your Astrological Makeup
You may want to see if you can figure out what kind of person I am using the information I have included above for those of you who are budding astrologers. Best of all, if you want to figure out what signs your planets fall under, you can go to this site. There you can enter your time of birth, date of birth, and town/city of birth to have it give you a breakdown of your astrological makeup. Alternatively, you can contact me, and I can do it for you and give you my interpretation.
Consequently, there is of course much more to astrology than what I have written about here. There are interplanetary aspects, houses, rising signs, transit aspects, and many more. However, this was intended to be an introduction to astrology.
Finally, the next thing I plan to write about is planetary transits: the current positions of the planets in the sky right now and how they affect us. I plan to do this every month, like an in-depth horoscope. If you liked what I have written here, then keep an eye out for the next edition.
Connect with Adam Leonard
Adam Leonard is a compassionate and uplifting psychic. Adam has excellent insight and extensive astrological knowledge! With the New Moon and Mercury Retrograde heading our way, don’t miss this chance to find out what’s coming in with him! Contact him here.
You can watch Psychic Today Live!
Download our Psychic Today Companion App now!
The Psychic Today Companion App for all your psychic needs! If you haven’t yet added it to your mobile phone, you can do so by following our links here:
To download from the App Store – click here.
Or download it from Google Play – click here.
To top up your credit or if you have any questions or queries, our friendly reception staff are available 8:00 am to 2:00 am GMT on 0333 335 0297. You must be over 18 years old to use this service, which is for entertainment purposes only. You must be the bill payer or have the bill payer’s permission. We may send free promotional messages.
Text FACEBOOK and your question to 65511 for your free reading! (Usually £1 per message, max three messages per reply. One per person. CS: call 0333 335 0297. UK Only) Click on the link to our page and see our Facebook Live sessions right here!